News and Announcements
Congratulations Sydney James on your college signing day!! Sydney will be attending Niagara University this coming fall. Congratulations Sydney on a job well done!!!
Team Apparel Information on below link:
Deadline to Order is Sunday November 17th, 2019 (11:59pm EST).
Great Christmas Gifts!!!
On October 27th, at the recent 2019 NBAC Fall Fastival Meet, Alex Dillon swam a 24.77 50 Fly! He broke his own Maryland Area record set at the 29th Annual Columbus Day Classic with a 25.29 and broke the Resident State Records set in 2018. With the 24.77 time is, Alex is currently number one in the country for 11-12 year old 50 Fly! Alex also had two additional PBs for the weekend. Congratulations Alex on being the current Maryland Area and the current Maryland Resident Record Holder!!!!
Other notable swims for the weekend meet was:
- Megan Nugyen dropping 10 seconds in the 200 Back and qualifying for a State cut! Megan also added two additional PBs. Day 2, Megan earned new cuts in 50 Free and 200 Free and had an awesome 200 IM.
- Owen had two PBs. Day 2, Owen swam a really good 200 free and 50 free for two PBs.
- Marco earned 3 PBs for the weekend.
- Tyler and Mia had one PB.
- Emerson dropped 6 seconds for a PB, had two additional PBs in the 50 Free and 100 Fly and earned a Sr open state cut!
Congratulations to Alex Dillon! He set the Maryland State Swimming Area Record for the 11-12 50 fly at the 29th Annual Columbus Day Classic at UMBC. He broke the 15 year old record set in 2004 by Giles Smith with a time of 25.39 and MD swim gave him an amazing certificate and bag tag. This so awesome! It was also a new team record! In addition , he also broke the team record for the 50 free with a time of 23.55 and the 100 free with a 53.44. Great job Alex!
Dear Arena Club Aquatics Swim Families,
We are pleased to share that our club has received a Safe Sport Recognized Club status. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy, and positive environment here on this team, and we have received recognition for all of our efforts to this end.
Through USA Swimming’s Safe Sport Program, we submitted our Athlete Protection Policies, safeguarding procedures, and educational engagement, including
• Our travel, electronic communication, and anti-bullying policies;
• Our team honor codes and codes of conduct;
• The processes by which we recruit and train staff;
• Our communication procedures;
• And our efforts to educate about Safe Sport, abuse prevention, and healthy boundaries.
All of these items were reviewed by USA Swimming Safe Sport staff. Our Safe Sport Recognized status will run for 2 years, after which time we will be eligible to renew by reviewing all of our policies and procedures again.
We are excited to have achieved this milestone and demonstrate our commitment to providing a Safe Sport environment on this team. Please contact the coaching staff with any questions.
Coach Betsy Graham